|NAMWOLF News Bites...September|
NAMWOLF NEWS Bites
By Angela France of PCT Law Group, PLLC
The NAMWOLF NEWS Bites column is a new feature of the newsletter. This column is a rundown of NAMWOLF community news, and features news and messages from the Practice Area Committees (“PACs”) and other committees. We encourage PACs and committees to contribute to this NEWS Bites column in the future.
· NAMWOLF proudly congratulates Lynn Luker for her recent appointment by Order of the Louisiana Supreme Court as Judge Pro Tempore, Civil District Court, Parish of Orleans. As a result, effective August 14, Lynn resigned as Chair of NAMWOLF to focus on her full time prestigious judge position. The Parish of Orleans is certainly fortunate to have her on the bench, and we all wish Lynn the best of luck!
· The Board unanimously elected Robin Wofford as the new Chair of NAMWOLF's Board of Directors. NAMWOLF is very happy to have Robin in this role. In the near future, the Board will also be electing two new Vice Chairs.
· We are excited to report that we received a record amount in vendor sponsorship for the 2014 Annual Conference! Vendor sponsorship contributes to the success of NAMWOLF's conferences and helps to defray the cost of membership dues. Please take time to meet our great line-up of approximately 20 vendors at the conference and consider utilizing their services in your practice.
· The Board recently approved Zalika Pierre as the new Co-Chair for the Emerging Leaders Initiative (“ELI”). We are excited to have her fill this spot. Zalika joins Jeremy Piccini as chairs of the ELI, which is comprised of attorneys working for NAMWOLF law firm members who have been practicing law for 15 years or less. The purpose of the ELI is to conduct professional development programs to better prepare young lawyers to become true leaders in the profession and exemplary partners and/or owners of minority and women owned law firms. Please join the ELI at the Annual Conference on Sunday, September 21 (meet in the hotel lobby) from 9:30 to noon for the “Amazing Race” scavenger hunt in the City of Philadelphia.
· NAMWOLF welcomes new employee Renecca Allen to the Chicago office! Please be sure to say hello to Renecca at the annual meeting in Philadelphia.
· In July 2014, NAMWOLF launched a new and enhanced website. The website greatly enhances the law firm search capability by state, practice area and other areas of importance to in-house. In addition, it is aesthetically a lot more pleasing to peruse - please take the time to check it out at www.namwolf.org. Also, a friendly reminder to update law firm profiles on the website prior to the annual meeting on September 21-24, 2014.
Please contact co-chair of the Newsletter Committee, Jamie Rudman, at firstname.lastname@example.org with news contributions.