John P. Salas focuses his practice on commercial litigation matters. Prior to becoming a lawyer, John spent nearly a decade in the business world, where he generated millions of dollars in sales in addition to managing a sales department and negotiating distribution and licensing agreements. John’s prior business experience provides practical insight and experience with which to assist his clients in resolving their business disputes. John has represented both domestic and international corporate clients in complex business litigation, construction litigation, and surety litigation. He also has represented the major cruise lines in employment, personal injury, products liability, and commercial disputes.
John is fluent in Spanish and has a working knowledge of Portuguese and French.
Professional & Community Activities
• Member, American Bar Association • Member, Cuban American Bar Association • Volunteer, Put Something Back Pro Bono Project, Legal Lines • Member, Chapman Partnership for the Homeless – Next Gen
• University of Florida, B.S., 1998 • Florida State University College of Law, J.D., 2008
• Articles and Notes Editor, Journal of Land Use and Environmental Law • Vice-President, Spanish-American Law Student Association (SALSA) • Professor’s Award Trial Practice I and II • Real Estate Law Society
• All Florida Courts • U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
• Taylor Vega, P.A., Associate
• Represented developers, contractors and design professionals in various construction-related litigation matters • Mase Lara Eversole, P.A., Associate
• Represented cruise lines in maritime and admiralty litigation and arbitration • MasTec, Inc., Law Clerk